Braintree District is a region of colourful, bustling market towns and picturesque villages set in the beautiful rolling countryside of North Essex. The District is steeped in history, from Roman settlements to the industrial successes within textiles and manufacturing.
Braintree District Council provides a total of 15 secure public car parks within the District providing parking space for more than 1800 cars.
The service provides:
- More than 1400 spaces for short stay visitors.
- Almost 300 spaces for long stay commuters.
- Season tickets and exclusive use permits for certain car parks.
- Designated spaces for disabled drivers.
- Overnight parking for vehicles of up to 40 tonnes.
- Around 750,000 vehicles are parked each year in Braintree District Council car parks.
- All aspects of the car parks service provided at no direct cost to the Council Tax payer.