Nestled between London and Cambridge, Uttlesford cradles the historic towns of Saffron Walden, Thaxted and Great Dunmow.
With excellent links to London to the south and the historic city of Cambridge to the north, Uttlesford is an ideal base for the tourist, business executive or new resident.
Uttlesford District Council provides a total of 12 secure public car parks within the District providing parking space for 1400 cars.
The service provides:
- Almost 800 spaces for short stay visitors.
- More than 600 spaces for long stay commuters.
- Season tickets and exclusive use permits for certain car parks.
- Designated spaces for disabled drivers.
- Coach Parking in two locations.
- Around 750,000 vehicles are parked each year in Uttlesford District Council car parks.
- All aspects of the car parks service provided at no direct cost to the Council Tax payer.
Blue Badge Holders
At present in all our car parks, parking is free for disabled blue badge holders. This is providing that the vehicle is parked in a blue badge holder bay and the vehicle is displaying a current blue badge clearly showing the expiry date.
There is no time limit for each stay. Where there are yellow line restrictions on the street usually up to 3 hours parking is allowed providing the vehicle is not causing an obstruction. Unless parked in a disabled bay blue badge holders should not park in a controlled parking zone.
Please read tariff boards and street signs for further advice. Blue badge holders can also refer to their blue badge scheme booklet.